Itinerary 1 - The Town
- 9:30 am - Wake up slowly and head down to our lobby-based boutique, The Mercantile, for a cup of our signature coffee blend (roasted by Snake River Roasting Co.). Our assortment of guidebooks, mountain must-haves, and knowledgeable staff are available to you while you sip your coffee.
- 10:30 am - Meander on over to Town Square, and be sure to wander through the famous Elk Antler Arch. Head towards Persephone Bakery, a French inspired café, and indulge in a brunch consisting of fresh pastries & Intelligentsia espresso on their outdoor heated patio.
- 11:30 pm - Once you’ve had your fill of espresso and pastries, stop on by the Valley Bookstore for a bestseller or some local literature. Then, head on over towards Gaslight Alley and pick up a keepsake at MADE and maybe some sweets at Mursell’s.
- 2:00 pm - Jackson is home to many great galleries: Ringholz Studios features local artist Amy Ringholz’s colorful landscapes and wildlife paintings, Altamira Fine Arts features contemporary western paintings, and Heather James Fine Art (appointment only) is home to some legendary works.
- 4:00 pm - Rent some skates at Town Square and usher in the evening with a fun spin around the Town Square ice rink. Take in the neon glow from the Cowboy Bar’s iconic sign in a way befitting of your day in Jackson.
- 5:30 pm - Wind down the day with some handmade pastas, shared plates, and hand-crafted cocktails at our Italian Restaurant, Glorietta Trattoria. Eat in our spacious dining room or get take out to enjoy in your room.
Day 2 - Wildlife
- 7:30 am - Assuming you’ve grabbed your cup of coffee from The Mercantile, make sure your camera is charged and ready for an adventure-packed day. You’ll start with a guided wildlife tour of the valley and Grand Teton National Park with our friends at Eco Tour Adventures. The guides will take you to all the rights spots to catch glimpses of moose, bison, elk, foxes, and if you’re lucky, a wolf!
- 12:30 pm - For lunch, grab a sandwich at Creekside Market, a local favorite.
- 1:30pm - Once you’ve finished lunch, head across the street to the Visitor’s Center and check in for a sleigh ride on the National Elk Refuge. Two large draft horses will pull your sleigh, allowing you to get up close to the valley’s most iconic animal: the Jackson Hole Elk Herd. Keep your eyes peeled for other creatures, and be sure to ask the driver about the local lore. Be sure to reserve your ride in advance.
- 5:00 pm - Cap off your day with dinner at Dornan's Restaurant. Enjoy dinner at the restaurant with far and away the best views of the Tetons. Watch as the sun dips behind the Tetons, making for one of the best sunsets in the lower 48.
Day 3 - Wilderness
- 7:30 am - Wake up just before sunrise and bundle up, because today you venture into the vast Wyoming Wilderness. Snag a cup of coffee and a fresh pastry for the road at The Mercantile, then jump in your car.
- 8:30 am - You’re off to meet Jackson Hole Iditarod Sled Dog Tours for a full day, 20-mile dog sled trip. Say hello to your musher and your team of Alaskan racing sled dogs, then set off. Your destination? Granite Hot Springs, where you can dip into the 105 degree water, before mushing your way back to town. Be sure to reserve your trip in advance.
- 4:00 pm - After your adventure and exploration of Wyoming’s winter wonderland, stop back by the Anvil lobby for a cup of adult hot chocolate.
- 5:00 pm - Meander on over to King Sushi and take out some delectable rolls from this local favorite.
- 7:00 pm - End the day with an “Easy Does It” nightcap at Glorietta’s bar, then call it a day.